There are many ways to help in the classroom, in worship, at special events and with facilities maintenance. For more information call the church office at 541-479-2577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For other ways to serve, fill out the Time and Talent Form and return it to the church office.
Serve in Children’s and Youth Ministry (3 years – 12th grade)
- Volunteer opportunities are available in all our programs pre-school to High School, helping with worship, children or youth events or in the classroom.
- Volunteers also assist with Vacation Bible School which takes place in the summer.
Serve in Worship
- Acolytes are youth that light and extinguish the candles at the altar, receive the offering, and assist with communion.
- Altar Guild prepares the Sacrament for Holy Communion each Sunday morning.
- Communion Assistants help distribute communion to worshipers during the service.
- Greeters welcome people at the door and make worshipers feel welcome and assist newcomers with questions.
- Lectors read the appointed Scripture lessons for Sunday worship.
- Sound and Visual Technicians manage the audio/visual equipment and computer software programs used during the worship service.
- Ushers pass out bulletins with a smile, count and record the number of worshipers, collect the offering, and release people by pew to communion stations.
Serve at Special Events
- Kitchen volunteers assist with potlucks, memorial services, Lenten soup suppers, and other special events during the year.
Serve with Facilities Maintenance
- Volunteers are called upon throughout the year to help with landscaping and facility related projects.